How much is Robert Downey Jr Worth? $260 Million
Robert Downey, Jr net worth and salary: Robert Downey, Jr is a New York-born actor and producer who has a net worth of $260 million. Robert Downey, Jr is an actor, singer, and producer, who appeared in his first film at the age of five.
He was born on April 4, 1965 in Manhattan, New York City. His father is writer, actor and director, Robert Downey, Sr. Robert Downey, Jr. is probably most widely recognized for his roles in such films as “Less Than Zero”, “Chaplin”, “Soapdish”, the “Iron Man” franchise, and “Tropic Thunder”.
Robert most recently made headlines thanks to his massive success in the film The Avengers and as Tony “Iron Man” Stark. In a contract clause that ended up making him almost as rich as his onscreen alter-ego, Downey made a staggering $50 million cut off The Avengers’ enormous box office take. And the Marvel Studios pictures aren’t the only big screen blockbusters pinned on Downey Jr.’s unique onscreen charisma – the Sherlock Holmes films have also hung on his unique box office draw.
And RDJ is showing no signs of slowing down in his new career as a big Hollywood blockbuster attraction. Iron Man 3 was written and directed by Shane Black, the author behind Downey’s late-career cult favorite Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
Between June 2016 and June 2017, Robert earned approximately $50 million, making him one of the highest paid actors in the world. He has a deal with Disney/Marvel that will likely have him earning around $50 million per year for many years to come. Or at least until RDJ decides he wants to stop!
Source: Celebrity Net Worth
Robert Downey Jr. Highlights
Here are some of the best highlights from Robert Downey Jr.’s career so far:
- Chaplin (1992) directed by Richard Attenborough
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005) directed by Shane Black
- Trophic Thunder (2008) directed by Ben Stiller
- Iron Man (2008) directed by Jon Favreau
- Sherlock Holmes (2009) directed by Guy Ritchie
- Avengers (2012) directed by Joss Whedon
- “Smile” (1992) Chaplin Soundtrack
- “Broken” (2005) Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Soundtrack
- Bafta Awards (Chaplin, Best actor in a leading role, 1992)
- Golden Globe Awards (Shorts cuts, Best cast, 1994)
- Golden Globe Awards (Sherlock Holmes, Best actor, 2010)
- Kids Choice Awards (Iron man 3, Favourite male butt kicker, 2014)
- MTV Awards (The Avengers, Best fight, 2013)
Source: Wealthy Gorilla